January 8th Deadline
The mission of Community Arts Grant Program is to broaden base support for the arts, promote excellence in the arts and ensure that arts organizations serve a variety of arts programs for our community.
The Community Arts Grant Program is made possible by funding from the City Council of Morgantown and the Monongalia County Commission through a collaborative effort between Your Community Foundation of North Central West Virginia, Inc. (YCF) and Arts Monongahela (Arts Mon). Funds from other sources may also be granted through this process.
Eligibility and Requirements
To be considered for a grant from the Community Arts Grant Program, the following criteria have been established:
The organizations must:
- Be a local non-profit organization under Section 501 (3) of the Internal Revenue Code and in good standing.
- Have an organizational mission statement that promotes/serves the arts.
- Be located within or serving Monongalia County, WV.
- Submit a formal organizational budget with application
- Complete and successfully submit the online application to the Community Arts Grant Program located on the YCF’s website.
- Agree to meet with the Arts Mon Grants Committee regarding grant requests.
The following criteria have been established to address the mission through the grant process.
The grantee/member organizations must demonstrate:
- Ability to address community need.
- Ability to increase community access to the arts.
- Effectiveness in raising their own funding through federal/state government grants, foundation grants, special events or earned revenues.
Grants will be made for a yearlong cycle with the award being distributed on or after July 1 of the next fiscal year. At the end of the year the grantee will be eligible to apply for another grant. Generally, grants are not made for annual campaigns; endowments; sectarian religious purposes; political purposes or lobbying activities; existing obligations, debts, or liabilities; or travel/participation in meetings, conferences, seminars, or study exchange programs. Travel/participation may be considered, however, if it contributes to meeting the above criteria.
All grants will be approved by the Arts Mon Board of Directors. The Arts Mon Grants Committee will review all applications for Community Arts Grant Program that are submitted online to YCF. Grant applications are accepted annually in December.
All Applicants will be notified applicants as to the status of their request as soon as possible by letter. Applicants not approved for funding will receive a standard letter. Completion of an application does not guarantee funding.
Questions about funding or projects should be submitted via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Technical questions about the application process should be submitted via e-mail to: email@example.com